Today One-third of the population experience distress from painful digestive indication, disease or a disorder. If the digestive system gets weak it gets linked to the poor health condition. Acid Reflux is one such condition in which a person suffers a chest pain, heartburn and creates difficulty in having food. If the condition gets worse than it causes gastro esophageal reflux disease.
Almost 10-15%of the adults suffer from acid reflux and GERD daily or weekly. Existing Research is concentrating on the drugs or medications which not only lower down the acid reflux levels but also bring some changes in lifestyle through therapies, yoga, and exercise.
Acid Reflux symptoms:
The major symptoms of the people having acid reflux are given below:
Burning sensation in the chest and pains, Bitter taste, insomnia, feeling choked up or coughing in between the sleep, Gum problems, Bad breath, and dry mouth, Stomach bloating and burping, Gas, Nausea and feeling restless
GERD causes more severe symptoms than Acid Reflux. Stomach contains shielding like a cover that secures it from the acid while esophagi do not have such shielding. So the esophagus must be treated on time before it gets eroded and causes more severe symptoms.
Some factors should also be taken into consideration for the acid reflux and they are including foods that are processed, fried foods, deficiencies in nutrients, smoking, drinking, intake of high caffeine, obesity, chronic stress, overeating etc.In fact, there are many Foods That Cause Acid Reflux tomatoes, garlic, black pepper, chocolate, red wine, citrus fruits etc.
Acid Reflux Diet:
Digestive Health and mindful eating should be practiced in order to reduce the Acid Reflux and GERD conditions. We should increase the fiber intake, reduce grains and include rich foods with the supplements, include high protein etc. These foods reduce the factors of like obesity, inflammation which causes Acid Reflux or GERD.
The lists of the food which can aid acid reflux are given below:
- Yogurt is helpful in aiding the digestion problems making it soother and effective. Choose the products which are fermented in between 24 hours of time duration. Kefir also balances the pathogens of the stomach and cures acid reflux.
- Bone Broth which is produced by beef includes the compounds like glutamine, proline, glycine, and collagen.
- Vegetables which are fermented like Kim chi and Sauerkraut should be included in the diet.
- Kombucha which is packed green tea drink has health benefits.
- Vinegar of different flavors helps reduce the causes of Acid Reflux. You can mix one tbsp of vinegar (Apple flavor) with water and have it five times before having a meal.
- Coconut water which contains potassium as well as electrolytes helps in hydrating the body.Drink coconut water through the day which will keep the acid reflux away.
- Coconut oil which is also a healthy anti-inflammatory fatty source which helps in boosting the immunity and fight inflammation.
- Green vegetables, Asparagus, Healthyfats like ghee and coconut oil, Almonds, Honey, Artichokes, Tuna, and Salmon is recommended for the people having acid reflux or GERD symptoms.
- Healthy herbs like Aloe Vera, ginger, parsley, and fennel should also be included to soothe the digestive tract.
- Organic vegetables, free range chicken should also be included.
There are also some natural remedies, supplements, essential oils and some Lifestyle changes which help in curing the symptoms of Acid Reflux and GERD.
Written by Pintoo Singh