Skin Irritants at Work using Bleach

Skin Irritants -- Bleach is an Irritant to the skin, and in some cases it is also classed as a corrosive. Children are more at risk than adults as many are not aware of the risks that bleach poses. Adults usually can recognise the smell of bleach and know to wash their hands after contact where as children are ignorant of the risks.

The main risk is to the user of the chemical, through either damaging the skin, eyes through contact or by mixing it with another chemical which may produce toxic fumes that can cause problems with breathing especially if the person has a pre existing breathing related problem or illness such as Asthma.

An example of this would be pouring bleach down the toilet then spraying an acidic cleaner on the toilet walls can produce chlorine gas.

Assessment of risks in the use of chemicals such as bleach whilst at work is required to be completed and the assessment communicated to all employees under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2003.

All COSHH risk assessments need to use a Material safety data sheet on the product which contains all the relevant safety information for the safe use of the product. All suppliers or manufacturers have a legal duty to produce and provide these material safety date sheets on request.

If you are sourced with the requirement to complete an assessment of the risk of the exposure on harmful chemicals then the information you should use in the assessment includes:
  • The safe storage of the chemical

  • Safe disposal methods

  • First aid requirements in contact

  • Personal Protective equipment to be used

  • The likelihood of contact and its usage

  • The control measures to safe guard safety in use
Precautionary measures to reduce risk in the contact of harmful chemicals such as bleach include using thinner bleaches to reduce the concentration. The use of safer alternative products which does not contain harmful substances is the best option.

Antibacterial sprays on the market today are more suitable especially in environments where children may come into contact such as schools. These are classed as low hazard and only pose a risk when used excessively sprayed into a room with no ventilation.

I write health related articles for information purposes and advice / guidance. Please feel free to use any of my health related articles.



Business Career Tips Creativity Entrepreneurs Featured Fitness Health Internet Marketing Leadership Management Marketing Mind & Body Motivation Networking Nutrition Personal Care Public Relation Sales Self Improvement Small Business
item Skin Irritants at Work using Bleach
Skin Irritants at Work using Bleach
Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy